Internet monitoring in CR
- The project started on February 1st 2005.
- The customer in this project is Internet Advertising Association (SPIR).
- The project includes (and combines) two research projects; measurement of traffic on websites and measurement of socio-demography of visitors.
- This project is carried out in cooperation with polish firm Gemius S.A., which supplies the technology.
- For more information visit www.netmonitor.cz.
Measuring of Internet traffic
- Measured on the server (site-centric) – data about all visitors of the server, including technical parameters of their PCs.
- The system is based on java-script codes on the measured website.
Socio-demography of visitors
- Provides information about socio-demography of visitors of websites based on a sample of visitors (panel).
- Pop-up questionnaires – electronic questionnaires appearing on the measured servers (site-centric).
- Pop-up Panel – random sample of visitors for whom the pop-up questionnaire appears.
- NetMonitorPanel – panel of users, whose activity is measured on Internet browser (user-centric).
System for processing of the measurement eliminates inaccuracies that are due to cookies deletion and deduces the true number of visitors (real users). Infrastructure of the research project is also used for other research projects – post-buy analyses, ad-hoc surveys, pre-tests and post-tests for campaigns (see Internet products).
Comparability (and possibility to combine) the outcomes allows standardization of measurement of the Czech Internet in this area.